COOK /FOOD SERVICES COORDINATOR
MOUNT PLEASANT NEIGHBOURHOOD HOUSE
ASSOCIATION OF NEIGHBOURHOOD HOUSES OF GREATER VANCOUVER
Posted: December 6, 2007
Closes: December 20, 2007
Reporting to the executive director, the food services coordinator / cook duties include:
• Planning and preparing menus, ordering and purchasing ingredients, and costing items
to appropriate programs and services.
• Developing MPNH’s catering services and liaising with catering customers.
• Assisting in developing MPNH’s food security programs by partnering with others in the
community to develop nutritionally sound food programs while following City, Provincial,
and federal regulations and guidelines.
• Recruiting, training and overseeing volunteers and part-time staff.
• Providing hands-on cooking and food preparation activities.
• Maintaining a kitchen environment that supports healthy food habits and safe food
handling while maintaining program integrity and customer satisfaction.
• A Certificate in Culinary Arts (or completion of an equivalent 1 year program at a
recognized post secondary institution)
• Food Handler’s Level 2 (Advanced) Certificate
• WCB Level 1 (or higher) First-Aid Certificate
• Two years experience in food production, catering, or field related food service, and
experience with oversight of a variety of food and nutrition programs and services.
• Demonstrated success in supervising staff and volunteers.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to maintain good working
relationships while working under pressure.
• A working knowledge of computer applications for information gathering and
dissemination, and organizing of information and records.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers, community members, and
community organizations in a multicultural setting.
• Knowledge of Mount Pleasant area and East Vancouver an asset.
• A clear Criminal Record check.
• A valid Class 5 driver’s license is required and a valid Class 4 is desirable.
• Ability to work flexible hours (including some evenings and occasional weekends).
Terms: 30 hrs per week starting early January. Salary: $16.68 (Band 6 of ANH’s salary grid)
Please send resumes and cover letters to Jocelyne Hamel, Executive Director:
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 604-879-4136. No phone calls please.
MPNH is a non-profit, community based organization located in East Vancouver.
For more information on MPNH please visit www.anhgv.org.
- Cedar Cottage Food Network Society
- CCFN is an active collaboration of community members, agencies, service providers and organizations working together to enhance the health and well-being in our neighborhoods by supporting and coordinating local food security initiatives and improving access to community health, social services and community-based programs. Join us. It's free, fun and makes a difference! Email the coordinator and receive our monthly e-newsletter.
- ► 2011 (14)